Short Term Rental (STR) Airbnb Cleaning
This is the NEPA CLEANING PROS summary of our process:
- Our team will do a general walkthrough as soon as we get into the property. This will help us spot priorities and identify any problems that need to be solved on the spot or reported before the next guest arrives.
- While doing the walkthrough, we carry All Purpose Cleaner and pre-spray all soiled surfaces so the cleaner works while we do other tasks.
- Clean room by room top to bottom, back to front. We won’t leave anything unfinished.
- We count bedsheets and towels to verify that we have all the linens that we need for that day. We strip all beds and bring clean sheets and towels as we do not do laundry on site.
- Don’t accumulate laundry, there will be a day where you have very little time and you’ll need those extra clean sets to do a linen change in minutes.
- We won’t toss out missed belongings from previous guest,we save them and contact the host immediately.
2) Cleaning Supplies & Equipment
Did you know that you can elevate your guest experience by using detox cleaning products? There is certainly a big difference when entering a space that has been clean with 100% Natural Cleaning products infused with Essential Oils vs your regular toxic products.
We provide ALL Cleaning Supplies!
We bring all of our own equipment!
- Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
- Cleaning Caddy
- Metallic Sponge
- Flat Mop
- Paper Towels
You provide Linens & Amenities
Go big with linens, amenities and supplies for guests! Always be prepared for any special requests, emergencies or need of backup items/sets.
Quality bedding and towels should last around 4 months with high turnover rates. Some pieces will be discarded due to stains or wear but we always keep track of them so the host can replace them fast. We will be happy to supply NEW sheets and towels at our cost (no mark-up). Our recommendations:
- 3 sets of bedsheets per bed-> each set includes 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, 1 duvet cover/comforter and 2 or 4 pillowcases depending on your bedding configuration. We clean comforters every 4th stay or as needed.
- 6 sets of towels per bed->each set includes 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel (we do NOT recommend wash clothes).
- 3 bath mats per bathroom. We clean bath mats every 4th stay or as needed.
Basic Amenities & Supplies
We get this in bulk and are happy to pick up for you at our cost. These items include:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towel
- Shampoo, Conditioner, Bath Gel and Hand Soap
- Cleaning supplies for the guests such as broom, Swiffer mop, etc… are recommended
- Trash & Recycle Bags (you can reuse paper grocery bags to hold the items that can be recycled)
- Dish Soap and Hand Soap in the kitchen sink
- Dish Sponge or Brush
It’s key to have do a quick count in every turnover because you never know if the next guest(s) will stay for a short or long time.
We recommend only stocking the properties with the basics (1 towel set per person, 1-2 toilet paper rolls per bathroom, 1 paper towel roll and 1 dish sponge in the kitchen).
Step by Step STR/Airbnb Cleaning
This is the first area of the property that we cover since laundry is time-sensitive. Bedrooms are a priority when cleaning an Airbnb and should always be perfect!
- Strip the beds including mattress protector and pre-treat stains, then fold them neatly and place them inside your laundry bag.
- Dust all surfaces with a Dust Microfiber Cloth (attracts dust like a magnet!) including bed frame, nightstands, chest of drawers, picture frames & decor, doors and blinds.
- Vacuum window sills and baseboards with the duster attachment and floors/rugs with bare floors or carpet heads.
- Wipe all surfaces with your Microfiber Cloth and spray All Purpose, Glass Cleaner or Wood Cleaner depending on the type of Surface (always spray the cloth, not the surface).
- Make the beds with fresh linens, including mattress protector, fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow cases and duvet cover. Use hospitality corners for a hotel-style bed.
- Place 2 bath towels folded in thirds per bed when your guests are staying less than 3 nights.
- We check that your fresh linens are completely clean and have no stains. There are times that our laundry provider won’t be able to remove a stain so make sure to have several sets ready for any mishaps!
- Verify that there’s no dust or particles under the bed, furniture or floors!
This is another top space to your guests that needs to be sanitized in every turnover. The most challenging tasks in bathroom cleanings are: removing soap scum, sanitizing the toilet and removing any hair in every service of the bathroom. You want to start by the shower, then clean the toilet area and sink and the floors at the end (back to front).
- Remove all used towels and bath mat, place them inside laundry bag.
- Take trash bag from bin and place with a new liner (make a knot on the side so the bag is tight).
- Remove all items from the floor and vacuum before cleaning with water, it will get messy later!
- Use your Scrub Microfiber Cloth and All Purpose Cleaner to remove any soap residue in tiles and tub. For tough stains, use Soft Scrub to boost your cleaning and get sparkling shower doors! Then, rinse well and dry all surfaces. Polish all fixtures with a Glass Cloth or paper towel.
- Dust and wipe any shelves around the bathroom.
- Sanitize the toilet with All Purpose Cleaner and Paper Towel (use paper towel instead of microfiber cloths only in this area to prevent contamination). Make sure to clean tank, lids, bowl and base with your All Purpose Cleaner (we won’t forget to clean behind the toilet!).
- Wipe the tiles from the rest of the bathroom as needed
- Remove all items from the previous guest from the medicine cabinet and clean the shelves. Then, wipe the mirror with your Glass Microfiber Cloth and Glass Cleaner.
- Dust and wipe door and baseboards.
- Clean sink and inside vanity, toss out used amenities and restock with new ones.
- Restock 2 toilet papers- 1 in the paper roll holder and the other one over the tank, both with hospitality corners
- Place 2 hand towels on the towel holder
- Mop the floors and verify that all particles and hair are cleaned. For best results we clean the floors with a damp microfiber cloth by hand to get the best results!
Deep Cleaning (rotating schedule)
- Wash shower curtain
- Dust light fixtures
- Remove all items and clean inside vanity cabinets
- Clean all bathroom tiles (outside the shower)
- Restock toiletries in every turnover, guests will arrive very tired from their journey and they would love to have the basics in the bathroom, just like a hotel. It’s best to buy in bulk and refill bottles in each turnover, saving plastic and making your guests feel special.
- Remove all hairs! There’s nothing more annoying for a guest that to see someone else’s hair in a surface and automatically will think that the property hasn’t been cleaned.
- Make sure that your shower liner is clean and mold-free
- Put the toilet seat down
While not every guest will cook a full dinner in the property, they’ll definitely head to the kitchen at some point to put away some basic groceries, drinks or make a cup of coffee. Stove, refrigerator, countertop appliances and cabinets should be clean and ready for your guest’s stay.
- Open the fridge and take out all open food/ drinks and perishables, you can donate unopened items to your closest shelter. Place any items (condiments, vitamins, beverages) on the door shelves. Then, proceed to clean the fridge and freezer. If possible, make space in the freezer for the guest’s use. Place any reusable containers in the sink or dishwasher.
- Unload/ load the dishwasher while cleaning the rest of the kitchen.
- Open all cabinets and look for expired or open food, you can organize the keepers while you clean any crumbs. Special attention to the silverware and utensils drawers, make sure they are clean and organized. Then, clean all outside cabinets starting from top to bottom.
- Clean the stove, oven, and microwave. Make sure that all cookware is washed.
- Clean all countertop appliances, specially the toaster/ toaster oven and coffee maker. Make sure to place new coffee filters or pods. Then, proceed to clean all countertops.
- Restock 1 roll of paper towel, dish soap, clean sponge, dishwasher tablets and extra garbage bags (usually under the sink). Place a fresh dish towel if available.
- Take the trash and recycle out and wipe the garbage can inside/out with paper towel and all purpose cleaner.
- Vacuum all floors and scrape out any sticky/dry food from the floors. Use the wand attachment to go through all borders and in-between the cabinets and appliances. Then, mop all tile-floors with all purpose cleaner, glossy floors with glass cleaner or wood floors with wood cleaner.
Deep Cleaning (rotating schedule)
- Oven Cleaning
- Inside Cabinets Cleaning
- Kitchen baseboards cleaning
- We sort recycle items and make sure to empty and wash food containers before placing them in the recycle bin
- Unload the dishwasher before cleaning the floors
- Wash the coffee pot and place a new filter
- Restock kitchen supplies
This area is the first space that your guest will arrive to and the perfect opportunity to create the WOW factor! Fluffy pillows, crumbs-free couch and a neat center table with your guest book will do the trick.
Beautification! After cleaning all the surfaces, tidy up and stage everything to look just like the listing photos. We organize items by categories and sizes, keep a distance between them, all labels facing to the front and all towels hanging on the same level.
- We remove all trash from surfaces (including welcome notes for previous guests), empty trash cans, check under and behind the sofa, and even under the cushions.
- We report any left items by the guests to the Property Manager
- Dust light fixtures, blinds and vents, including wall, ceiling and AC vents (use a high-reach duster to dust ceiling light fixtures)
- Dust all surfaces and items with a Dust Microfiber Cloth (the blue cloth that attracts dust like a magnet!), including TV stand, side tables, center table. Don’t forget to clean the bases too!
- Dust corners, baseboards and window sills
- Wipe any smudges on the TV screen with your Glass + Mirrors Cloth and a little water, buff with the dry side
- Disinfect light switches, door knobs and TV remote with Glass Cleaner
- Clean glass surfaces and mirrors
- Deep vacuum of floors, rugs, under all furniture, over sofa, under cushions, and pillows
- Tidy and stage surfaces (beautification!)
- Clean inside trash cans and replace bags
- Mop all floors
Deep Cleaning (rotating schedule)
- To refresh the sofa and rug, sprinkle baking soda over the fabric
- Vacuum baking soda from sofa with upholstery attachment, from the rug with the floor attachment and clean all baseboards with the dusting brush attachment. Then, vacuum all floors
- Vacuum or dust mop under the sofa to make sure there’s no food residue left and prevent pests
- Test the TV remote and wifi, report any issues to Property Manager so it can be fixed before the guests arrive
Our Cleaning Specials
All our staff is uniformed, insured, AND Background Checked . We supply 100% of the supplies and equipment. You don’t have to provide a thing!
|Size of house||Cleaners||Hours||Total||Price|
|Up to 1,600sq. feet||2 Cleaners||3||6||$325
|Up to 1,600sq. feet||3 Cleaners||2||6||$325|
|Up to 2,400sq. feet||2 Cleaners||4||8||$425|
|Up to 3,200sq. feet||3 Cleaners||3||9||$475|
|Up to 3,600sq. feet||3 Cleaners||4||12||$650|
One Time/Monthly Maintenance Cleaning Rates
|Size of house||Cleaners||Hours||Total||Price|
|Up to 1,600sq. feet||2 Cleaners||2||4||$200
|Up to 2,400sq. feet||2 Cleaners||3||6||$300|
|Up to 2,400sq. feet||3 Cleaners||2||6||$300|
|Up to 3,200sq. feet||2 Cleaners||4||8||$400|
|Up to 3,600sq. feet||3 Cleaners||3||9||$450|